Volunteers are critical to the work we do. Your willingness to get involved brings new energy and expertise to our organization and helps the public better understand how YHS can make a difference to the lives of animals and the people of Yavapai County.
Want to work with the animals? Great! Need a spot where you can protect your heart? We've got a place for everyone!
- Adoption Counselors at the shelter and at off-site events
- Customer service and donation sorters at the YHS Thrift Shop
- Phone coverage at the YHS Spay/Neuter Clinic and Lost & Found
- Dog walkers & cat cuddlers
- PetSmart Cat Adoption Center volunteers
- Dishes & laundry
- Ambassador at information booths and more!
To volunteer at the YHS Animal Care Center, PetSmart Cat Adoption Center, or Spay/Neuter Clinic, we require a commitment of 8 hours a month for at least 6 months. You can spread those hours out however you'd like. You must be at least 18 years old to work directly with animals.
YHS Thrift Shop
An orientation fee of $15 per person will be collected at your orientation meeting. This small charge covers the cost of your name tag, t-shirt, printing (volunteer handbook, articles about animal welfare), and other program expenses. If this presents a hardship, simply let us know.
If you have questions please call our Community Outreach Manager at (928) 445-2666 ext. 16 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for someone participating in an event?